Jordan, 20 – 26 August.
Amman – Gerasa – Gadara – Petra – Wadi Rum Desert – Dead Sea – Aqaba – Madaba – Nebo.
7 days / 6 nights, 925 € / person (including taxes & without PCR Test for vaccinated passengers)!
The country with its enchanting and mysterious desert has always been a meeting point of civilizations and continues to fascinate to this day. Petra, the ruby-red carved city of the Navajo, is one of the “7 Wonders of the Modern World”. The ancient Greco-Roman Gerasa is characterized as the “Pompeii of the Middle East”. At the highest point of Amman dominates the Acropolis of Philadelphia with the Temple of Hercules, while Gadara was the Hellenistic Center. At the same time are the imprints of the Biblical Tradition and Early Christian History. The red desert of Wadi Ram or “Valley of the Moon”, seems to be from another planet, with the fascinating safari and the Bedouin hospitality. Aqaba is a cosmopolitan resort on the Red Sea. Amman combines the modern urban element with the Arab Tradition. The Dead Sea (the lowest point on the planet on land) with its thermal water and the highest degree of buoyancy, also offers a unique experience.
1st Day Friday, 20 August 2021: ATHENS – AMMAN. Meeting at 11:30 at Eleftherios Venizelos Airport with the tour director, who will take care of the relevant procedures. Flight at 13:35 with Royal Jordanian to Amman (RJ132). Arrival at 15:45 in Amman, meeting with our guide, passport procedures and baggage collection. On the way to the hotel, we will have the opportunity to hear introductory information about Jordan from the tour guide, who will accompany us until the last day. Also, on the way to our hotel, we will enjoy a panoramic view of a part of the city of Amman. Arrival at our hotel, accommodation, dinner and free time for browsing at the center of Amman, where we can find famous patisseries, the local sweet called knafen, luxury shops, etc. Overnight.
2nd Day, Saturday 21 August 2021: AMMAN – ANCIENT GERASA – ANCIENT GADARA – AMMAN. Breakfast and immediate departure for a tour of the unique Amman. We will visit ancient Philadelphia and climb the Acropolis hill, where our interest will be focused on the temple of Hercules and the archeological museum. Then we will visit the ancient Greek Gerasa. The “Pompeii of the East”! A unique representative example of Roman civilization, and a city that survived almost intact. The streets with the columns, the theaters, the churches, the temples, the Roman forum, the triumphal arch of Hadrian (129 AD) etc. they will fascinate us. We continue further north to Umm Qais or Qays, the ancient Greco-Roman Gadara, which was once a Hellenistic centre and later Christ performed the miracle of exorcism. This city is located on a hill from which one can see the sea of Galilee. Return to Amman, dinner at the hotel and overnight.
3rd Day, Sunday 22 August 2021: AMMAN PETRA – WADI RUM. After breakfast we depart for Petra, arrival after about three hours, with a stop for rest in betweent. Arrival in the unique “Pink City” of the Nabataeans, carved into the rock in the gorge, hidden from the eneymy’s eyes. Crossing the narrow gorge of the stream “Sikh” length 1,200m. and height (in many places) 100m., we will be guided to the archeological site, which suddenly appears in front of us at the end of the gorge and rightly bears today the title of one of the “7 Wonders of the Modern World”. One could argue that this ancient city is a masterpiece of sculpture, as it is carved on soft, sandstone rocks. It owes its existence to the Nabataeans and today is one of the most important archaeological sites in Jordan. As the name suggests, Petra had accepted the presence and influence of the Greeks, who, obviously enchanted by the strategic location, made sure to put their strong stamp on it. Later, of course, the Romans made their own monuments in the gorge’s rocks. Roman theatre, street, baths, all classic signs of a city-state, which was destroyed by a very strong earthquake. Our visit to the archeological site will last about 4 hours. We continue to Wadi Rum, the country of Lawrence of Arabia, where we ‘ll spend the night in the desert bungalows, double rooms with private bathroom. A nice traditional dinner follows, with meat and vegetables cooked in the ground, . After dinner, enjoy traditional music under the moonlight and stars.
4th Day, Monday 23 August 2021: WADI RUM. Early morning, enjoy the sunrise in the desert and optional camel ride! Breakfast in Arabic buffet. Today we will get to know the impressive red desert, which like a lunar landscape, challenges us to go further in. With 4×4 jeeps we’ll cross the red desert, and experience an unexpected adventure in this amazing corner of the earth. Later on, we’ll visit a Bedouin camp, meet the people, enjoy a traditional tea as they try to sell everything, from souvenirs, to red sand, saying that it is suitable for “ladies makeup”. Ending this unique adventure and our visit to this unique place, we return to the camp, with plenty of photos. Rest and then enjoy the desert sunset. Traditional dinner cooked in the ground, fun and overnight.
Day 5, Tuesday, April 24, 2021: WADI RUM DESERT – AQABA – DEAD SEA. Arabic breakfast and departure for cosmopolitan Aqaba. Once upon a time, the headquarters of Lawrence of Arabia, the only port in Jordan. Free time to admire the Red Sea. According to tradition, Moses crossed with his people when chased by the Egyptian army, after opening the waters in the middle with his stick. We make our way to the Dead Sea beach, in the deepest part of the planet, reaching up to 450 meters below sea level. The water of the Dead Sea is famous for its healing properties. Free time for swimming, dinner and overnight.
6th Day, Wednesday 25 August 2021: DEAD SEA – MADIVA – NEBO – AMMAN. Breakfast and departure for Madaba, the city with the abundance of mosaics from the Roman, Byzantine and Arab eras. The most famous is the Map of Madaba, 6th century AD, which represents the wider Holy Land and is the oldest surviving mosaic with a geographical representation in the world and is preserved in the Greek Orthodox Church of Agios Georgios. We ascend the historic Nebo mountain with the magnificent view of the Jordan River valley, the Dead Sea and, further away, Jerusalem. Here, Moses faced the Promised Land and breathed his last. Mount Nevo is a solitary windswept hill at the top of which the ruins of Byzantine temples of the 4th & 6th century are preserved, with impressive mosaic floors. Departure for Amman. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
7th Day, Thursday 26 August 2021: After breakfast, free time at the Amman market. At 12.30 departure for Amman airport, for our return flight to Athens. We fly Royal Jordanian. 14.55.expected arrival at Eleftherios Venizelos.
What is included:
- Flight tickets, economy Athens- Amman- Athens with Royal Jordanian.
- Airport taxes.
- 23 kilo luggage per person, plus one (1) handluggage up to 8 kilos.
- Transportation as mentioned in the program with air-conditioned coaches.
- Jordan visa.
- Three (3) overnights in the center of Amman at the 4 * Sandy Palace Hotel (or similar), two (2) overnights at the Luxury Camp in Wadi Rum and one (1) overnight at the Dead Sea at the Grand East 4 * Hotel ..
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) daily.
- Entrances to the places visited in the program.
- A tour with specially designed 4×4 vehicles in the desert of Wadi Rum.
- Official local tour guide.
- Experienced tour escort.
- Covid-19 Insurance, Liability and VAT.
- What is not explicitly mentioned in the programme.
- Drinks, phone calls, soft drinks / water.
- Use of a carriage in Petra, if needed (approximately € 20 per person).
PRICE FOR PARTICIPATION PER PERSON IN A DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ROOM:
Departure from Athens: € 925 (With Taxes)
Departure from Thessaloniki or Kavala: Upon Request
Single + € 170
Tips (mandatory) + € 25
- passport expiry date must be 6 months after the end of the trip, otherwise a new passport must be issued.
- A photocopy of the passport must be submitted to the organizers at least two (2) weeks before departure.
- The order of the programme may adopt to circumstances, without omitting plans.
- Detailed travel instructions will be given one week prior to departure.
Before travelling to Jordan:
1. Passengers must visit https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo before departure, fill in the required form and obtain the QR code which is required to be presented before boarding and on arrival.
2. Vaccinated passengers need ONLY the vaccination certificate which must be in English and presented to the airline staff prior to boarding.
3. ALL NON-VACCINATED PASSENGERS must have tested negative for PCR within 72 hours prior to departure from the first boarding flight.
4. Passengers who are NOT vaccinated must do 1 additional PCR or Rapid Tests at their own expense (28JOD = € 33 / test) when leaving the country.
5. Submit the passenger health declaration and tracking form (PLF) before boarding file: /// C: /Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/Jordan%20Declaration%20Form.pdf